Recycling your end of life electronics helps conserve natural resources as many of your old electronics contain valuable material that can be turned into something new. Recycling these electronics also helps keep potentially toxic chemicals out of our soil and water. Recycling your old electronics, such as computers, at Columbia Bottle Depot also helps to ensure that your private information is not stolen and is properly disposed of.
Columbia Bottle Depot is partnered with two amazing electronic recycling programs (Return-It Electronics and ElectroRecycle Programs) that allow us to take a variety of electronics including:
- Desktop computers
- Smoke detectors
- Medical and monitoring devices
- Portable computers such as laptops
- Gaming devices such as Xbox, PlayStations, GameBoys, and more
- TVs of all varieties and sizes
- Countertop appliances such as blenders or food processors
- Weight measurements such as scales
- Personal care devices such as electric toothbrushes
- Power tools
- Exercise machines and more all for free!
Return-It Electronics: This program takes almost anything with a “brain” including computers, gaming devices, cellphones, and more. Please click here for more information.
ElectroRecycle Programs: This program takes household items including power tools, kitchen counter top appliances, floor cleaning appliances, clocks, and more. Please click here for more information.