Columbia Bottle Depots are proud to announce that our Kent Road and Dease Road depots are now fully automated! This is a very exciting time for recycling as customers’ experience will be faster and cleaner than ever before!
REVERSE VENDING MACHINES:
When you walk through the front doors of our Kent Road and Dease Road depot you will see eight reverse vending machines.
A reverse vending machine is a machine where people can return empty beverage containers like bottles and cans for recycling. The machine gives back a refund receipt.
This is what makes it a “reverse” vending machine: instead of the user putting in money and getting out a product (like at a candy vending machine), the user puts a product in and gets out a monetary value. The reserve vending machine is safe to operate and intuitive with step-by-step guidance.
TIPS FOR AN EASY VISIT:
- No need to presort your material!
- Container caps may remain on bottles, but they must be empty of all liquid
- Keep labels on all of your containers
- Do not crush the containers in any way so that the label scanner can easily process your material
- Gently place one recycled item in the machine at a time (trying to put in multiple bottles or throwing material in will not work)
- Place any rejected or overly large containers to the side to bring to the customer service area for review by our knowledgeable staff and credit for accepted products (please visit Accepted Items for more information).
Please go to www.mytomra.com to learn more about this amazing technology.
We understand that change can be a little scary at first, but please note that our staff are very important to us. We will not tolerate any type of abuse towards them or the automation machines that they work closely with. Thank you for your kindness, patience, and for recycling!