Dear Friends of Columbia Bottle Depots,
Due to high demand for the Express Depot while considering our current staffing shortage, Columbia Bottle Depots will be opening the Express Depot from Tuesday to Saturdays between the hours of 9:00 am to 4:00 pm starting on Friday, August 6, 2021 at 9:00 am. We will be unable to accept Express product outside these times.
Important Notes: Due to very high interest, it may take longer than normal to receive payment. There is a maximum of a six bags per Express account per day. There is a maximum of 12 glass bottles per back for safety purposes.
Thank you for your patience and understanding while our Express Depot was closed!
Return-It Express is great for people with limited time who don’t want to sort their own product but still want a refund on their applicable recyclables. Please note there is NO FEE associated with this program!
The Return-It Express system is easy to use:
- Sign up for your free Return-It Express account by visiting express.return-it.ca and register with a phone number of your choice.
- With Return-It Express there’s no need to sort. Simply place your empty beverage containers securely into a “Blue” or transparent bag.
- Visit our location on Kent Road in Kelowna, BC and use your registered phone number to access your account.
- Select how many bags you have. Once you’re finished, the kiosk will print off labels for you to stick on each bag. It’s very important that each bag receives its own sticker.
- Please note we have a 6 bag limit per day and there is a maximum of 12 glass bottles per bag to keep our staff safe from breakage and back strains.
- Place your bags into the Express Kiosk drop off and you are done! We’ll sort, count, and refund your deposit. It’s that simple!
- Go online to check the status of your account or to redeem your refunds by Interac e-transfer (minimum of $10.00 refund) or by cheque (minimum of $50.00 refund).
Please note that it can take up to one month or more to receive your return due to extremely high volumes of material received. We are working hard to decrease this time. Any customers looking for a quick return should use the depots as normal.